Top 5 No. 27
What brands does the Queen love?
Super Bowl Ads: winners+losers
KLM Airlines creepy seating plan
How much do we spend
on Valentines Day?
Pinterest: got your invite yet?
If you’re a fan of the Top Five then why not have it delivered directly to your mailbox every Friday?
You can subscribe to updates over there, to the right, yep that’s it, a little further, nearly there… underneath the ‘related tags’ section. There you go.
1. 10 brands the Queen can’t live without This one is for all your royalists out there (and the quietly curious), to celebrate Her Majesty’s accession milestone this week, Marketing magazine thought it fitting to compile a list of the Queen’s must-have brands (marketingmagazine.co.uk)
2. Crisis-Communications Checklist: 6 Steps To Master Your Disaster Whether you’re digging your way out of a negative PR avalanche or simply need to scrub a less-than-squeaky-clean outburst, here are tips from branding experts on how to handle public outrage with grace and style. (fastcompany.com)
3. 8 Surprising Ways To Delight Customers Look for new ways to delight your clients is easier and less costly than you think. Skip the traditional “drinks and dinner” route. Our Western business society is overfed and sated. Instead, consider these alternatives: (fastcompany.com)
4. Your Facebook Fans are Not Fanatics – Only 1% Engage With Brands If you still haven’t figured out that ‘likes’ mean sweet f.a. in the grand scheme of things then prepare to stay in the dark ages because the above stat means you have to find a better way to engage. (blog.zuberance.com)
5. Shanzhai: China’s Brand Copycats China’s consumer class is on the rise, but visitors may still find themselves checking in to a “Marvelot” or shopping at a “Dolce and Banana.” Is it time to redefine brand authenticity? (sparksheet.com)
Marketing and Advertising
1. What’s the Fastest Growing Online Ad Format? Video! If you need more proof that online video ads are on the rise, answer this. When was the last time you watched a video that didn’t have either a banner or a pre-roll ad? I can’t think of one. (marketingpilgrim.com)
2. Super Bowl – The Advertising Winners (and losers) By now you should have had a chance to see them all, where you either love, hate or ignored them. So here are the winners AND like any sporting contest, the losers! (envycollection.blogspot.co.nz)
3. How to Market a Brand New Product Look across the universe of possible ways you could delight your clients this month. It’s easier and less costly than you think. Skip the traditional “drinks and dinner” route and head straight over to these ideas: (inc.com)
4. Bus Stop Ad Smells Like Baked Potatoes Whether or not this 3D potato looks like a giant set of buttocks is irrelevant and may weirdly enough increase brand interaction. The magic here is that when pressed this potato gives off a lovely potato smell. Random right? (adweek.com)
5. Marketers Who Share Content Drive Traffic, Gain Customers Content marketing was a top priority for businesses in 2011, and it is going to remain so in 2012. That’s according to a study conducted by the Content Marketing Institute, a marketing education and research company. (mashable.com)
1. 84% of Millennials Rely on the Opinions of Others By 2017, Millennials – those consumers now in their mid-teens to mid-30s – will have more spending power than any other generation, but the thing is they won’t be taking the advice of their mothers… (marketingpilgrim.com)
2. 12 Most Effective Ways to Engage on Twitter Twitter is an ideal tool to use to stay informed and to drive traffic to social properties. Most importantly, it helps you build relationships with like-minded people. (openforum.com)
3. Beyond The ‘like’: 6 SoMe Rules For Creating Brand Evangelists There’s a vast expanse between the transactional moment when a consumer likes, friends, or follows a site and the instant that same consumer becomes a brand evangelist, entering into a state of emotional commitment. (fastcompany.com)
4. How Social Media Could Improve Public Safety When it comes to public safety, forward-thinking government agencies are beginning to look at social media as a support tool for improved situational awareness. (mashable.com)
5. KLM Pitches Meet & Seat In-Flight Social Matchmaker Service Genius or creepy? KLM has introduced the ability for passengers to seat themselves near like-minded travelers (based on social media profiles). How do they intend to stop stalkers though? (zdnet.com)
1. New Website Connects Language Newbies With Native Speakers Verbling makes language learning easy by offering a free way to connect instantly with native speakers with timed prompts and conversation-starting topics. (mashable.com)
2. Is Pinterest the next hot property in digital advertising? Pinterest is so hot right now and has been billed as one of the top web properties in 2012, even though it’s invite only, but with it generating more traffic than nearly anything will it become an advertisers paradise? (adverblog.com)
3. Starbucks Makes Valentine’s Day an Augmented Reality [VIDEO] Just in time for Valentines Day, Starbucks has released an augmented reality app to show how much you love someone. Cue flying hearts and gushy poems. It’s kinda cute though. (mashable.com)
4. Red Hot Chili Peppers: Interactive Music Video The Red Hot Chili Peppers just took their latest music video to the next level by incorporating a feature that allows viewers to explore different scenes across interactive layers. (digitalbuzzblog.com)
5. Giving Your Restaurant Order With The Click Of A Table [Video] Next time you’re at dinner how would you like to use a touchpad to order your drinks and food? Hell you can even play games and order a taxi. Want to view your food order, click on the kitchen web cam – stalker! (psfk.com)
1. Doh! If you don’t love this little book then you don’t know love! Possibly one of the sweetest promo pieces for Valentine’s Day ever. And possibly a sign that the creative “war” between Field Notes and Moleskine has officially begun. FN fights back with a lovely little artwork. (adverblog.com)
2. My 10 Freelance Design Business Goals + Tips for Setting Yours I’m going to share with you not only my first 10 business goals for Greer Genius, but also tips for how to develop and set your own freelance design business goals. (graphicdesignblender.com)
3. How lo can you go? Whatever market you’re in there’s always going to be those who are at the top end and those at the bottom. So when someone says they can do you a logo for $50 what should you be expecting? (logodesignlove.com)
4. New logos for the new year New year, and a new and improved logo roundup. Now with more links! Here’s a summary of rebrands launched in January. As usual, readers are encouraged to post a comment if there’s something significant missing. (brandingsource.blogspot.co.nz)
5. What Makes Us Spend On Valentine’s Day? [INFOGRAPHIC] In our latest infographic, we break down the dollars behind Valentine’s Day romance: how much are people spending on flowers, candy, greeting cards and sparkly baubles? Just say I love you! (businessinsider.com)